[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 700: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 700: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
RAT-LOOK.COM • View topic - Cherry The Track Rat Corsa!
Rat-Look Logo

It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:16 am

Post subject: Cherry The Track Rat Corsa!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:00 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
Hey everyone! Im new here!
just got my car last month before i turned 18, decided to do some modding!
my initial plan was to make it clean and nice, AND LOW! but after a few days of boredom, iv decided she's going to the grave when im done with her so she might aswel be ratted!
got her 2 hours away from where i live in swansea for £700 with 43k on the clock, she's a 98 Corsa LS in cherry red <3 and heres her photo-biography so far

how she was on gumtree...

on the drive ...

then i got bored and did this...

which made this!!!

but then i got bored again and decided to take the side bump strips off...

after a little t-cut i got this <3

i then decided to mess around with some insulation tape lol...

and then got some stickers, and this is where my Track rat begins!

more images coming soon!!
any tips or ideas, feel free to share!!
thanks guys!

Post subject: Re: Cherry The Track Rat Corsa!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:32 am 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle:
looks very very tidy - sweet job getting the siestrips off. also i dont like the insulation tape tho.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:06 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
thanks mate, its changed a hell of alot now tho, il just have to get the pics up on my pc, hopefully by the end of the day :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:59 pm 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle:
yh get the pix up!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:00 pm 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle:
also as its a track rat, maybe some different wheels, mud flaps, roll cage, strip interior, buckets - i dont really kno much about track cars but..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:39 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
got a sub in!

and as her name is cherry, whats better than a cherry-bomb exhaust!

stay tuned! more to come tomorow!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:57 pm 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle:
top choice exhaust - i just had one fitted

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:17 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
yes!!!! theyre not too loud but have a perfect tone, whats it sound like on a seicento?? and what litre is yours??

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:04 pm 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle:
1.1, when its on tick over its booming lol 4000rpm its deafening lol always found the sei quite raspy anyway - but yeah not mega loud all the time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:35 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
haha good good!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:04 pm 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle:
think it needs colour coding too - but red is a pain to get 100% match lol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:14 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
more recent stuff!

and the best part!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:25 pm 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle:
the 'tow' sticker thing looks terrible mate imo, if you must have one theyre like £3 on ebay lol also if its a track rat surely everything shold be stripped to the core etc?? :|

please dont let it be another car stickerbombed to death. then branded rat...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:29 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
not makin it a full rat mate, not stickerbombing it to death either, just gona do my own thing, along the line of a rat car and a track car, im feeling that it needs somthing original, so im gona get a rally look too it without all the major shit, basicaly im going with the cheapest thing possible as im not into spending shite loads, the guy before me had it lowerd and buckets and added the black alloys so im just taking it in another direction but still keeping its roots within it if you get me?? and the tow on the back isnt a sticker its made of black insulation tape, i just got bored the other day and did it :P nest in order is the bonnet going black, so it will have a race look, but also itl be chalkboard paint me, my mates and the bird can draw all over it!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:08 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
update! got some chalkboard paint so guna have some fun with that when the weather gets better in wales!! already painted all my grey dull bumpers with it (looks mint) and have made a custom metal mesh grille (coz i didnt want to spend on a proper one lol) pics will be up soon when i get less lazy :L also getting two vauxhall fan blade alloys for the rear to spice it up a bit let me know what u think guys, how should i go about painting the chalkboard aswel??? :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:34 pm 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle:
well is the chalkboard paint in a tin or a rattle can lol if its in a tin you roller it and if its in a rattle can you spray lol....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:19 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

I was actually liking the black and white theme inside. I'm not a fan of sticker bombing but the b+w stickers are unusual and looked awesome... then I scrolled down. :(

Like the wheels and door number tho.

Unless you've put your own blood, sweet and tears on it, you wont truly enjoy and own your car(s)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:53 pm 
Established RL Member
Established RL Member

Vehicle:
Looking cool, but I will admit the stickerbombed interior hurts my eyes, but if you like it, go for it!

I will warn you on one thing though - racing numbers on a car used on the streets must have a line or a cross put through them by law. I would suggest getting some electrical tape and just doing an X across them just to keep the coppers happy. I don't believe it's a points offence, but it's still a fine though and you don't wanna go throwing money away for the sake of not having a bit of tape.

Gone
Current

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:37 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

I luv the stickerbombing. Keep up the good work :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:40 pm 
RL Poster
RL Poster

Vehicle:
thanks guys love the response! my mind is everywher right now!! i like the sticker bomb interior but my gf says its naff LMAO! and its peeling a shit load now, what do you guys think? make the bird happy or pva the fecker down?? or take half off and keep a good section?? also, racing number? u no like? or me gusta? hmmmmm lol iv got a mesh grille in now il try and get some pikies up tomorow for you guys!! looks better than the plastic thing it came with, but still looks rat so me likey! my bro wired up some led fog things on the lower grille aswel il have to get you guys oppinion on that one (me no likey!) annnnd got two 16" fan blades for the rear yesturday that im refurbing and painting black!!! sooo got a lot of work to go until this puppy is good and proper ratt arsed! also cant wait for the sun so i can chalkboard my bonnet with a roller! lmao, oh one more thing, any of u guys got tips on cheaply lowering her down? and i mean way down!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:43 pm 
RL Member
RL Member

Vehicle:
cheaply lowering=chopping the springs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:51 am 
Established RL Member
Established RL Member

Vehicle:
Impossible on a corsa, not to mention its dangerous and stupid.

It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:16 am